Saturday, May 31, 2014

Travel Plans

For those wondering about where my plane travels are taking me.
I leave at 6:35 am from Denver à Detroit, MI  à Chicago, ILà Amsterdam, Netherlands à Nairobi, Kenya- Arriving at my destination at 8:10 pm Sunday June 1st 2014
For those of you who know me well you know that I love to fly. One of my dreams is to learn to fly and do some of the things the blue angels do if not be a blue angel myself. I am going to love being on a plane for an extended period of time. However, I may miss some of the view due to a lack of sleep. Lol.

I am so excited to be going on the adventure of a life time. I have had well… a lot of those moments when I think why am I leaving my comfortable life to go to Kenya for six weeks? Then I remind myself of who I am and what I stand for. I am someone who longs for adventure and strives for the impossible. I am going on this trip to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone and reach for the impossible. But more than the challenge and adventure of an African safari I am here to fight for children of every culture. Children have rights that need to be protected and observed in every culture across the world. This is what I am fighting for the rights of the children of Kenya. But for more personal reasons what could bring more fulfillment then to bring smiles to children while fulfilling my dream of traveling around the world. 

2 comments: